Thursday 12 July 2007

Day 107 - additional realisations

Realisation no.10: The destination doesn't exist. There is only journeying. So convinced am I of a greater force at work in the universe (and thus within ourselves) that not even death qualifies as a destination. It is merely something in common we all have - a consistent in the pattern of each of our destinies. But no more does it qualify as a destination than any other occurrence in our life. The journey is all that counts, because it is all that exists. You are totally in charge of the richness of that journey. So please, make it mean something. Don't indulge yourself in the laziness and barbarity of indifference. Poverty is man made disease and should be regarded as a crime against humanity of the highest and most corrupt distinction. I for one am now engaged in ensuring my journey influences the rudder of humanity. I am unsure as yet as to what influence I will have. But since embarking on this part of my journey, I have been filled with a sense of unlimited power, and can well see my shadow growing to encompass much of what needs to be done.

Realisation no.11: The oneness of all. I try and treat everyone I meet now as I would a family member - because that's what they are. If we journeyed to the stars, we would only see one planet covered in land and sea - just one. No countries, no religion, no racial divides. I know a guy who has 3 step kids that he calls his own. And a daughter of his own that he also calls his own. He has a very, very successful business, and he calls all his team members family. Everyone who benefits from his business - which is pretty much everyone he or his team comes into contact with - he calls his own family. And he doesn't stop there. He considers everyone to be in his family, and he considers it his responsibility to be a leader in that family and show them they way. He treats everyone as such, and this is something I have now taken on. There is no difference between me and my neighbour, nor me and my enemy. We are one - the same 'thing', the same flesh and blood.

Which leads nicely on to the final realisation:

Realisation no.13: The ripple effect. As a human being, I have become acutely aware of my power to influence those around me and beyond. This starts with a handshake, proceeds through the application of love and kindness, and is being brought to the fore with Cycle 4, through the implementation of creativity and guts. What I am saying here is make sure that you, as a cog in the universe, are a positive occurrence. And a positive re-occurrence. Because you exist way, way beyond the boundaries of your body and energy field. There is a blog here (Day 86 - an awakening story) that chronicles the moment in my life I realised my cog was all wrong. Have a look at yours. And be prepared to re-position your cog if needs be.

Our infinite power is alight in all of us because we have the power to change the world and enable transformation by simply walking out of our front door and doing exactly that - you don't need money or power or fame or success to do this.

You just need to realise that this is what you are here for.

MJ x

2 comments:

B said...

More great realizations, MJ. "The journey is all that counts." So true. I love that reality. I really look less at accomplishments as reaching a destination and more so as they really are...part of an ongoing journey.

And your call in saying "don't indulge yourself in the laziness and barbarity of indifference," really struck me. Not only does doing such deny others happiness but we deny ourselves happiness when we are so indifferent.

Every one of these realizations are ringing so powerfully true in my own life right now. The oneness of all, the ripple effect, that a destination does not exist. Wonderful realizations. I'm happy to see you embracing them.

Run Around Paris said...

very inspirational...