Tuesday 14 August 2007

Oneness

Had supper last night with two great friends of mine who I haven't seen in a while. They've been together for some time now.

I felt blessed to be in the presence of people with this kind of energy.

They were living oneness right in front of my eyes. Every action was carried with unrehearsed detachment and calmness. It was all blissfully natural.

The word is overused... but Zen works really, really well here.

So unused to this way of being was I, that at first it took me a bit of time to get used to it. I thought perhaps this is a game they are playing with each other, due to the usual awkwardness in conversation that accompanies the first few minutes of a reconciliation after time apart.

But then I realised they were both just incredibly peaceful, and that their emotions, thoughts and actions were journeying together as one.

Toward the end of the meal, the story of how they came to be together was told. The principal words that I remember from this account were 'oneness', 'truth', and 'patience'.

I am introducing these possibilities to my life.

Today I am stunned at the level of inspiration in the world.

1 comment:

B said...

I love this post. So often, people are esteemed for being energetic and ambitious, competitive and materially successful. But this is true inspiration...when people can be one with themselves, peaceful, patient, accepting. It is even more remarkable and inspiring to hear that two people can come together in a relationship and embody such things. It gives me a lot of hope and reminds me what is really worth esteeming in myself and others.