Friday 13 April 2007

Day 43 - The Retreat cont - 3 dimensional vision

On the first night of the retreat, i had a dream.

Frequent readers will know about my obsession with the Hawaian 'huna of being'. The idea behind the huna is that to live the life you really want, you must revolve equally between the 3 states of human existence: 'being', 'having' and 'doing'. Being is gathering energy via yoga, meditation and other beneficial, self serving exercises. Doing is using that energy to achieve and acumulate what we want in this life. Having is finishing off the energy supplies by enjoying the fruits of our labour.

The huna is usually presented in a 2D triangular diagram.

I have always believed, since my guru taught me of the huna a few years back, that within the huna lies happiness and fulfilment - master those 3 states, sharing your time equally among them, and you will get to where you want to be.

And as you frequent readers know, i have never quite mastered them.

The dream was a series of exchanges between myself and a shaman like figure. I was trying to give him an object I had made - a wooden triangle representing the huna.

'It's broken and i need you to fix it.' I said.

'It's not broken.' the shaman replied softly, smiling at me.

I woke up, trying to figure the exchange out, before drifting back to sleep and returning to the dream.

'It's broken and i want you to fix it for me.' i said, more forcefully.

'It's not broken.' The shaman said again kindly.

Again i woke, confused, before returning to my sleep.

Back in the dream I was frustrated and angry now - trying to force my wooden huna on the shaman.

'It's broken and i can't mend it. I need you to fix it. Please fix it for me."

But the shaman simply replied 'it's not broken, child.'

I woke exasperated, and a bit beffudled, as you sometimes can feel after a dream of cryptic nature.

But I wrote the dream down - not something i normally do.

The following night in our Ayahausca ceremony, I asked the plant to tell me what the dream meant, and lay back under the stars at my temporary home in the mountains.

I saw pyramids. Pyramids of all shapes and sizes, illuminated in gloomy shades of light by many moons, and then drenched in irridesent spotlights by a huge burning sun, revolving around my figure in the center of the pyramid.

And it hit me like the proverbial big bang.

The huna is not a 2D triangle. It's a 3D pyramid. A 3 sided pyramid. An object not a drawing. After 2 years of studying the huna, I finally realised what was missing - nothing. I just hadn't been looking at it properly.

But what was the fourth dimension? The missing point that I hadn't - until now - been able to see?

In the dream lay the answer, the Ayahausca revealed.

I re read my notes. And I saw many moons. And I relaised that the being, having and doing were all daylight activities. But for a good 30% of our lives we are asleep, dreaming our little heads off.

The fourth dimension is our dreams - our subconcious.

It's who we really are.

I haven't stopped writing, or re-drawing my huna, ever since.

It's more beautiful now than it ever was before - a 3D representation of my life. Something to refer to constantly and measure myself against.

And guess what? I'm completely in control of it. Divided perfectly between the four states of being.

Living out my destiny.

Writing time: 4 hours

Manifestation: 100%

No comments: