Thursday 7 June 2007

Day 87 - laborious book proposal

I am trying to write my book proposal to show to publishers.

It ain't easy.

Synopsis, compelling key sentence, differentiation, key messages, chapter outlines, author details, first 2 chapters...

Exhausting.

All my sentences seem to be about 90 words long, and all my messages seem to be either plagiarised, or lost in a fug of over anxious, self concious first-time-authorisms.

There is something about writing this proposal that seems contrary to all my new beliefs and methods.

'Accept only that which comes woven in the pattern of your destiny...' said Marcus Aurelius. I mean, anyone who was Maximus' mentor in Gladiator has to be made of subtantial moral and intellectual fibre - a man of substance and experience (seriously though, his book Meditations is a classic. Nice and short too.)

Anyways I digress.

Forcing things to happen is just so... wrong.

But... it's a fact of my life that my subconcious is scarily at work at the moment.

In fact - it is a fact of life that, when in alignment, our subconcious will nicely order things in a neat queue in our minds, and those things will appear, as gift wrapped tasks ready to be completed, on time, every time.

Our sub concious takes care of things backstage - to the extent that i don't even know what it is up to most of the time.

The manifestations are happening allovertheplacerightnow!!!

I am putting this proposal to one side... until it reaches the front of the queue and is ready to be written.

Thank god for that.

OK, back to changing the world...

Writing time: 5 hours

Manifestation: 100%

1 comment:

B said...

Really, I say this all the time and perphaps redundantly, but inspiration does not come by willpower. With that said, yes, sometimes we do need to push through things because what is actually stopping us isn't a lack of inspiration but trepidation. However, your intuition is telling you not to force this right now, so listen to that. The moment will come and with it will come greater output than anything you could force out of yourself.

What you say about alignment and the order of our subconscious seems really apt. The aspects of my own life that seem chaotic/confusing are those in which I know I am not in alignment. It's like I'm trying to force myself into the wrong gear and then I worriedly back out at moments, and grind the gears. I know how to drive the car, so why am I making it unnecessarly difficult? Okay, rough analogy at best, but that's the best I've got this morning as I'm just finally starting on my coffee!