Thursday 21 June 2007

Day 99.5 - a little thought i had

I just had conversation with the kind of person who thinks anyone can be bought.

And I kinda have ancient feelings for this guy. A bit of guy love, forgive the phrase.

But it occurred to me:

People who work solely for money, who may even unwittingly surrender 100% of their being to money, can never understand, or get related to, or communicate with, someone who works for a cause.

The money chaser simply cannot get past their underlying opinion that that person they know - that person working for a cause - is doing it because they are 'unable to become rich'!!!

And it's strange, because people who work for causes, very often will sacrifice 100% of their being to that cause knowingly and willingly.

But, if a person who works solely for financial gain actually becomes fully aware - actually realises - that their spirit and soul are being sacrificed, they always - without exception - pull back.

And what do they do then?

They look for a cause.

Doesn't that make people like that some of the worst out there?

They sooooooo neeeeeeed help!

But I'm ok with them.

I still love my friend - he just doesn't know yet.

And that is absolutely ok with me.

Writing time: sufficient, i feel clear, like siddartha

Manifestation: 1000%

1 comment:

B said...

Yes, I've known quite a few people like this and have had very similar conversations. The mentality of the money chaser is developed by a society that seems to value power and money above any real cause, particularly any humanitarian cause. But these people often seem to be the most unhappy people in society. Here in America, we have plenty of wealth. However, we also have the highest depression rate in the world, I'm sure.

These people do need help. But just as Siddhartha experienced...we each need to come to this realization in our own time. I think we are all given many opportunities in life to realize that a cause is more fulfilling than wealth, but I think that many people deny that awareness. It is a conscious choice and each time we deny that awareness, I believe we give away a bit of our soul. But it is never too late.

I think the best help that can be given to such people is the gift of inspiration. Through your own actions and choice to follow a cause instead of wealth, you are serving as an inspiration to others. And your happiness must be apparent to your friend. He undeniably sees that and it impacts him, whether he shows it or not. In time, I hope he embraces that awareness.